I’m Your Ally
A celebratory movement for women across the world during around International Womens Day to counter prevalent misogynistic narratives. Our campaign shows that when good people, businesses, and partners rally behind an idea, we can be a force for positive social change in the world.
#ImYourAlly – a completely pro bono social media movement – where our insight was that instead of women celebrating women which is of course so powerful, what if those voices were male voices.
A grassroots campaign flooding socials with messages of positivity about inspirational women from young male allies inspiring other men to be allies.
The campaign – no brief, no budget, no client.
A simple idea: ask men across the world to share their stories of inspirational women with the hashtag #ImYourAlly
Assembling like-minded partners, youth charity partners – Weapons Down Gloves Up and The Learning Foundry – influencer agency Buttermilk, World Champion boxer and charity campaigner Tony Bellew, singer Josh Cuthbert and a range of influencers – all participated because it was the right thing to do
#ImYourAlly reached over 6.5 million people. Thousands across the world celebrated women, sharing stories, videos, drawings and pictures.
The campaign caught fire, rapidly building momentum ahead of International Women’s Day and is ongoing today.
We decided to curate the most powerful messages and stories to delight women around the world on Mother’s Day with a moving and joyful short film – our gift to mum’s, moms and mother’s everywhere!
The results were explosive – with no paid media spend!
- #ImYourAlly reached over 8 million social media accounts worldwide
- #ImYourAlly content was watched over 100,000 times – with over 4,000 messages of support and positivity, likes and shares across all platforms.
- 8 global social media influencers supported the campaign, all pro-bono : Singer and lifestyle influencer Josh Cuthbert, trans activists Jake & Hannah Graf, fitness guru James Middleton, The Traitors star Matt Harris, gaming influencers WePCGaming and Gadget Gremlin as well as boxing world champion Tony Bellew
- Influencer campaign reach of 2.2 million along with 50k video views, 2k engagements
- Over 1700 Tik Tok responses from people across the world including more influencers such as comedian Christian McCartney who posted to his 2.3m followers.
- Huge industry impact – Key leaders shared their own content including Daren Rubins, Paul Frampton Calero
- Inspired other brands and even competitors – City of Liverpool FC used our campaign for their own Twitter campaign celebrating women through history.
Global agency TBWA cited the campaign as the inspiration for their own IWD activation.
“I love this campaign, this will stay with me.”
Deborah Chapman, Director of Reward, Inclusion & Colleague Experience, Very Group.